Sunday, May 31, 2020

Roof Coated

It's a perfect day to get up and get the roof coated.   The directions said don't do until the weather didn't go below 60 degrees F.  Well here in the MidWest you never know but predictions are saying mid 60s at night, so here goes.

I first purchase a really expensive roof sealer that was $60 a gallon.   I then talk to my cousins husband Dale and he told me to go to Menards and get this roof coating.   It works great and is only about $60 for 5 gallons.   Well I took back the expensive $60 a gallon sealer and went to Menards and purchase 3 one gallon containers.  $19 per gallon.  I know it would have been cheaper to buy the 5 gallon but that's just too heavy for me to handle.   Gallons are manageable.

Here's what I bought. White Elastomeric Roof Coating.


I had caulked the edge of my roof but the actual room was aluminum and never been sealed.

This picture is actually before I replaced the roof vents.   
I forgot to take a picture this morning before I started.


I used a  brush around the edges and around all the vents.  Then got busy with the roller.  Took me less than an hour to complete and I used about 1 1/2 gallons.  I have a 28' trailer so that's pretty good coverage.  I plan on letting it dry a week or so and then giving it another coat.


Now it's time to start having some fun and working on the inside.   

I know this part isn't really any fun but it's important to get the exterior in good shape so that your precious crafty tool and supplies aren't ruined on the inside. 

No comments: