Sunday, May 3, 2020

Making sure things stay Dry

There were a few things that I knew I needed to do with the camper.  The roof vents were cracked and had plastic bags over them.   I ordered 3 new vents and then journeyed to the roof and guess what!    I fixed them myself.   Put new vent covers on and they were so easy to install.


These are the vent covers prior to me replacing them.   
Now they are all pretty and water tight.  

I was also told that I needed to caulk the edge of the roof and then I should put a sealer on.  I've gotten the edges caulked and so far we've had some pretty severe storms and no water!   

I plan on sealing the roof but the instructions say that it shouldn't get below 60 degrees for 24 hours.   I think I need to wait just a little longer.  Within a few weeks I should be able to seal the roof.

No comments: